Sunday, May 1, 2011

Reading: More Than Just The Catch, by David Tyree (pgs. 125-156)

In the next section of More Than Just The Catch, by David Tyree, Tyree reveals more stories of courage and high morals.  In chapter twelve, Tyree details many players and associates with ties to the NFL.  He tells the story of each of them.  Specifically he details their courage of sharing their faith and putting their faith into action in the NFL and other areas of the world.  Many of them donate regularly.  However, the people Tyree describes also provide a strong Christian influence on the rest of the world.  They live their lives closely to how God would want them to live.  They make their faith very apparent in all aspects of their lives.  Tyree includes many of their philosophies and quotes when he describes each man.  He tells their stories.  Some of them had many struggles as Tyree did, but others are simply great Christians influencing the NFL.  Tyree details how important it is to have fellow Christians supporting other Christians and working towards a common goal in adding to the body of Christ.

After reading this section of Tyree's book, I strengthened my belief that fellow people of the same beliefs makes a person stronger.  Tyree describes many Christians associated to the NFL that deserve credit for their influence on the league.  He also describes them to stress the importance of having fellow Christians in your walk in life.  All the people Tyree described had different backgrounds and different means of sharing their faith.  However, each person had a common goal: to share the love of Christ.  I realize that there are many different ways I can share my personal faith.  However, when I keep my focus on the important values in my life, I realize the actually means to show my faith are details.  When I live my life being who I am and taking all the opportunities in life that are possible and meaningful, I tend to better achieve my goals of being a Christian influence.  I look forward to reading more interesting views of Tyree in the rest of his book.

No comments:

Post a Comment