Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Quality Time Redefined

After reading the New York Times article, "Quality Time Redefined," I feel that the family described in the article closely resembles myself.  I often feel consumed with the technology around me.  I tend to concentrate on music and screens rather than the people physically around me.  However, my parents do not seem consumed with technology.  I believe the generation gap has kept them less interested with the truly advanced technology of today's world.  My brothers, on the other hand, may be more consumed with technology than myself.  They seem to be more into computers and new I-pods or I-phones than I am.  I think that technology can definitely be an issue.  However I work to prevent technology from taking priority over face to face communication.  I enjoyed the article, and I ultimately feel the growing technology in modern society must be regulated to promote a healthy home life.

No comments:

Post a Comment