Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Favorite Poem of the Quarter

Although I enjoyed many poems during the quarter, one poem stood out to me above all of the rest.  Specifically, I thought that Mary Elizabeth Frye's "Do Not Stand At My Grave and Weep" was the best poem of the quarter.  The poem specifically spoke to me as I read the poem.  People who go to their graves may be dead in the physical form, but they live on in memory, as stated in the poem.  People are never dead in the hearts and minds of the people who knew them well.  Without the memory of people who have passed, the world would be a much sadder place.  We need the memories of people in order to have a greater awareness and knowledge of the world around us.  I enjoyed Frye's poem the most this quarter, and I look forward to more interesting poems in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment