Monday, February 7, 2011

Another Game, Another Wake up Call

As I had posted earlier, I am competing in an intramural basketball league.  Also as I stated earlier, this league is much more competitive than most people would expect.  This week, my team, with a record of 1-2 going into the game, faced another talented team.  Many of the players on this other team were former basketball players who made and played for their middle school teams.  I thought we would still be able to compete with them though.  Unfortunately, the game was a struggle from the start for our team.  In fact, we lost the game with the biggest loss of our season with the final score of 40-92.  I would like to say some of the blowout losses my team and I have faced this year did not affect our egos at all, but I would not be telling the truth.  Honestly, I believe one or two of the players on the other team could play for Homestead team.  In addition, there are several players that are playing intramural basketball this year that have played for Homestead's basketball team at one point or another in their high school career.  I believe that we should create one more league to add to the two leagues we have now in intramural basketball.  As a result, we could separate teams that are extremely competitive with moderately competitive teams.  A third league would be available for teams that are uninterested in being extremely competitive and facing seasoned competition.  In summation, I believe I may have a case for a new league that I should definitely consider telling the intramural basketball league managers about this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment